Willpower stimulates enthusiasm and motivation when feeling challenged and uninspired. Willpower excites the desire to continue a role or task we are involved in but may have lost our will or sense of purpose for. It may be a difficult role or personality being faced, a stressful and tiring phase or combination of factors that have weakened interest, and enthusiasm. Willpower stimulates enthusiasm and motivation and renews and sustains determination to continue.
Stimulate enthusiasm and motivation when:
- Facing strong and assertive people who challenge your views; dealing with teenagers, strong-willed children, dominating personalities, employers, parents, older siblings
- Changing habits or lifestyle patterns – initially, there’s enthusiasm but as time passes that can wane. Willpower renews and sustains determination and excites the desire to continue
- Life situations and stress combined can reduce our zeal and focus, if we postpone actions and lose momentum, Willpower can excite and stimulate enthusiasm again
- You want to make changes but it is really challenging and you simply need support
- Planning to leave a job, relationship, or moving house
- Adjusting to living alone in later life, when family have moved on, or unexpectedly widowed or single and adapting to the change
Renew and sustain determination for:
- Studying – when reaching the end of a course or study period, is often the most challenging time. Support to boost and sustain determination and enthusiasm can make the world of difference.
- Nursing and caring for a friend or family member with long term and high needs health care
- Undergoing intense training for a performance or event
- When feeling less motivated to stay with a challenging routine – diet, time management plan, study course, exercise regime
When daily life situation is difficult and very demanding, we may wholeheartedly want to be doing what we are doing. But we just might need some support to sustain enthusiasm and lighten the load:
- When tired, overwhelmed and really need a break but it is not possible
- Caring and nursing a loved one with high demands and needs
- Parenting small children or single parenting!
Willpower supports strengthens and sustains enthusiasm and determination to continue decisions and choices made
How do flower essences help us?
Well-selected flower essences excite a shift in our thoughts and change occurs on many levels;
How we see ourselves, how we interpret what is happening around us and how we see the wider world. New possibilities and opportunities will often become apparent. Flower essences help us see more clearly what is happening and access our inner strength and instincts
Flower essences in Willpower
All flower essences have ‘a personality profile’ how they can help and what we might seek from them. Flower essences are listed below with their focus in Willpower to Strengthen willpower and motivation when enthusiasm wanes
Willpower combines the FES North American flower essences Californian Wild Rose, Mountain Pride, Nasturtium, Sunflower, Tansy and the Bach/English flower essence Centaury
Any of the flower essences also in another of our blends have the blends name listed at the end of the essence description.
California Wild Rose: Lift our spirits, boosts enthusiasm and pleasure for life.
Centaury: Strengthens our willpower and helps us to set limits with others. For those who are easily dominated by strong-willed people and who have difficulty saying no to others. Neglecting their own needs as a result.
Mountain Pride: Helps be more assertive, transforms disillusionment into positive energy for change Calm + Connected
Nasturtium: Mental burn out, fatigue from overstudy and too much intellectual activity. Helps focus on the practical aspects of daily life and find balance with both. Focus
Tansy: Putting things off to avoid pressure, feeling indecisive and lethargic. Tansy helps confront difficulties and negative emotions
Sunflower: Boosts self-esteem and strength, helps express our personality
For more information on flower essences:
Go to our About Flower Essences page.
Flower essences have ‘a personality profile’ of various themes and strengths. For those wanting in-depth information on each of the flower essences, the FES Flower Essence Repertory is a wonderful tool and workbook for flower essence selection.
For more information on flower essences, their use and global research projects go to flower essences flowersociety.org