To maintain a balanced and healthy enjoyment of life, it is best to be as resilient and vital as we can possibly be.
Homeopathy helps us achieve our ultimate potential in health on all levels.
Homeopathy is a complete system of medicine that stimulates the body’s natural self-healing and immune systems. A homeopathic prescription stimulates a reaction in a person, but is only homeopathic when it matches the symptoms of the individual person. It is this matching process of remedy to person and their symptoms that creates and effective homeopathic prescription.
Homeopathy is based on specific laws and principles that differ to those of conventional medicine, as does its approach to the patient and concept of health.
Individuality, is fundamental to all aspects of homeopathy. Different people with seemingly the same complaint may experience a disease or injury in different ways, with some different symptoms, therefore they would require different homeopathic remedies.
Homeopathy is based on the principle The ‘Law of Similars’, which concludes:- whatever symptoms a substance causes in a healthy person, that same substance has the power to cure those same symptoms once it is homeopathically prepared.
An example of this is the onion – recall your last experience of cutting up an onion, the stinging sensation, the watery running eyes and nose. These symptoms, which may occur with colds and hay-fever, are very likely to be relieved with the homeopathic remedy made from onion (known as Allium cepa).
How long has Homeopathy been used?
Homeopathy has been used for over two hundred years, but has an honourable tradition dating back to ancient Greece. It was Samuel Hahnemann, a brilliant doctor working in 1796 who developed the scientific and philosophical foundations of this gentler way of healing. These scientific principles form the basis of successful homeopathic practice today.
- Increased energy and vitality as body systems are stimulated and strengthened
- Speed recovery from illness, injuries, shock or trauma
- Small imbalances can be resolved before more serious complaints develop
- Soothe and overcome allergic responses
- Non-toxic safe and effective
- If taken correctly, there are no unwanted side effects
- Safe to use with other therapies and medications, although personal requirements often change with treatment so other health care providers should be notified
Homeopathy is effective for…
- First Aid – burns, bites, bruising, sprains
- Sporting injuries and strains
- Acute complaints – viruses, coughs, colds, chest, throat & stomach complaints
- Post- operative care
- Pregnancy, childbirth and postnatal care, hormonal imbalances, premenstrual syndrome
- Chronic complaints – depression, grief, arthritis, migraines, insomnia,
- ‘Modern’ diseases–chronic fatigue syndrome, allergies, hay-fever, hives, asthma, eczema
- Stress related complaints – eczema, gastric and sleep disorders, panic and anxiety